In response to Governor Whitmer’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” executive order, effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020, Robertson Morrison has temporarily suspended in-person operations that are not necessary to sustain or protect life. We will continue to operate our service department on an emergency basis and continue construction related activities on a limited basis for projects that fall under the healthcare operations exception of the travel restriction order and as necessary to maintain and improve safety, sanitation, and essential operations.
Many of our support and management functions will remain active through this period, however, our team members working in these functions will be working from home.
The following services will remain active
- Design Build and Design Assist
- Project Management and Coordination
- Emergency service
- Accounting functions required to support the work of a business’s, residences or operations critical infrastructure
Robertson Morrison’s essential certified service technicians are fully trained and adhere to the most recent guidance from the CDC to reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of the COVID-19 virus by taking the following steps:
- Any technician who experiences the following will not report to work:
- Symptoms of an illness
- Has a member of their household displaying symptoms of an illness
- Has come in contact with an individual who is suspected of being exposed to the COVID-19 virus
- All service technicians are practicing social distancing by remaining at least 6 feet apart from customers, vendors or co-workers
- All service technicians are washing their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water
- All trash and related debris from service calls are placed in trash bags, tied and properly disposed of
If you are in need of emergency service please dial 734-662-3141 option 1, our ask of you to help us to prevent the transfer of any illness
- Only request service if the nature of the request relates to the health and safety of the occupants or to prevent property damage
- Do not shake hands with the service technician
- Practice social distancing and remain 6 feet or more away from our service technician
- Use your own writing instruments if needed
- Notify us if you, a member of your household, or person who you have been in close proximity to has displayed symptoms of or has been diagnosed with an illness prior to our technician arriving
Thank you in advance for your understanding during this unprecedented period, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
– Brent Johnson, President